Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year Resolutions

It's my blog, and I can write what I want to....write what I want to....well, I usually make this about the triplets, but sometimes it's about me too, right?!?!?

1.  Improve my relationship with God and learn to lean on Him more. 

2.  Learn everything I can about my sewing/embroidery machine, take classes, and practice, practice,  practice.

3.  Catch up on my scrapbooking for the triplets.  I let weeks go by sometimes before I dive into them, and I need to be more consistent.

4.  To maintain this blog.

5.  I want to be a better friend to people.  The problem is, I have a hard time trusting people.  My trust factor was shattered a few years ago, and I just don't have a lot of faith in people.  I put this wall up between myself and others, and it's hard to move sometimes.

6.  To lose weight....the story of my life since having the triplets.  I am disciplined for a few weeks, lose a few pounds, and fall right back off the wagon.  The truth is, I don't like looking at myself in photos, I hate the way my clothes fit, and I just want my belly gone!  I have to learn to lay off fast food and beer though.  Moderation is the key.

7.  Forgiveness....in order to release toxic people from my life, I must forgive them.  They have a hold on me until I forgive, and I'm trying.  I really am trying.  Once again, improving my relationship with God will help with this.       

8.  To be the best Mother I can be....when you struggle with infertility as I did for many years, you don't take Motherhood for granted, but it doesn't make it any easier.  It is, by far, the hardest job I've ever had, and some days, I feel like I suck at it.  It involves a lot of decision making, and I haven't always made the best decisions in life.  I want my children to have manners, respect for others, a giving heart, and experience that makes them understand and appreciate things and people in life.  I have to be a role model for them.  It's not to be taken lightly, for sure! 

1 comment:

  1. Leslie, you are my hero...not only do you constantly amaze me on a daily basis, but you are the best wife a guy could ask for!

    Equally important is how great you are being a mother to our kids. I'm always impressed how you can balance our triplets, my work schedule, family/friend drama, and all the other stressors life has to offer.

    You'll do just fine with your resolutions. I love the blog and adore your scrapbooks. I'm not quite sure how the kids will pry them from your fingers years from now! Don't lose a pound, you are beautiful just the way you are! I'm glad we found a church that fits us and I'm looking forward to continuing to share that with you.

    Love you forever!!

    ReplyDelete