One of the things that excites me about having children is planning birthdays, tea parties, Halloween parties, Christmas parties, etc. I love to plan and come up with unique and cool ideas that are all budget friendly. I have fallen in love with many blogs that helped me achieve the Elmo Party I planned for the triplets. Not everything was strictly Elmo, but I took the idea and incorporated it into the theme.
I love this balloon wreath. I got the idea from: how does she? I just put this sign in the wreath so guests would know to go to the backyard.
I made this lovely sign with the Sesame Street Cricut Cartridge. Love my Cricut. I am pining for the Cricut Expression, but there are so many other things we need. Maybe one day!
Made with my Cricut and the paper is wrapping paper from the Dollar Tree. I hope you understand why I did letter A and number 2. If not, you need to watch Sesame Street. Just sayin~
Throw the ping pong ball into one of the fish bowls (blue gems and fake fish from Oriental Trading) and receive a "Lil' Fishie Soap." I got the idea for the favor from this blog: http://capcreations.blogspot.com/2010/03/fish-in-bag-soap-tutorial.html.
I came up with this idea on my own. It's a "Cookie Monster" bean bag toss. Adam made the Cookie Monster cut out with an exacto knife and blue cardboard which is sold at Wal-Mart. Then, I made the bean bags. I cut circles out of brown fabric, used liquid stitch to seal the seams, and filled the fabric with dry rice. The prize was a bag of "Goldfish" crackers. Dorothy is Elmo's BFF just in case you don't understand why I used Goldfish. I was going to use chocolate chip cookies, but it was too hot.
"Pin the Nose" on Elmo was the third and final game I had at the party. It's self-explanatory and available at your local Party City. The prize here was a ring pop.
The big attraction was the bounce house. Totally not related to Elmo, but it provided lots of laughter and fun for kids and adults!
The cupcake stand was made from boxes and wrapping paper. The cupcakes were made by Adam and I.
White chocolate melts for the eyes, mini chocolate chips for the pupils, orange jelly beans for the nose, half of an Oreo for the mouth, and I used a star tip to make the icing look "hairy." It was a pain to get the icing red. I used the Wilton icing coloring. It stained everyone's mouth, teeth, tongue, and hands, but someone told me the icing was delicious. That was all I needed to hear.
The party favor bags....loved doing these. Up above the party favors is a real golfish. It's supposed to be Dorothy, Elmo's BFF. She is currently still alive also.
The food table. We had pizza delivered since that's Elmo's favorite food (the pizza had not arrived yet in case you're wondering). That way, everyone could go home good and full. We also had goldfish and Oreo cookies with Elmo's head on top of them. I had a blast doing all of this. I started planning everything in March.
No comments:
Post a Comment