Sunday, April 4, 2010

Neighborhood Egg Hunt

On Saturday, April 3rd, we headed down to the neighborhood pool/playground area for our second egg hunt of the season.  This was a very different egg hunt.  You collected eggs in your basket, but they weren't filled with anything.  You had to turn them back in, and you got a goody bag in exchange.  Definitely weird....and I think I need to move those old people off the committee and be in charge!  Next year, my kids will know how a traditional egg hunt works, and I'm afraid they'll be disappointed to learn they have to turn their eggs in!  Anyway.....onto the pics!
Walking to the egg hunt.....well, these 3 are riding, but Adam and I are enjoying the walk. 


The Easter Bunny that my kids would not go near! 


The egg hunt is on, and Autumn actually grabbed a few eggs to put in her basket.  She likes to examine them first though!


Aiden understood!  He went around, picked up eggs, and put them in his basket.  No one told him what to do.  I guess he saw the other kids do it, and he followed their lead!  Yeah Aiden! 


On the other end of the spectrum is Austin who wouldn't do anything but cry!  They had doughnut holes, and he just wanted to eat.  We tried to get him into the event, but he was too mad.  Oh well!  2 out of 3 isn't bad!


I'm trying to wrangle the crew up to go get goodie bags.  If this looks hard, it is!  3 toddlers who like to ignore me most of the time. 


Proof that Adam was with us!  He had a rare Saturday AND Sunday off.  I love those weekends.  They give me hope. 


I try very hard to make them like these characters.  It never works.  This is what always happens: 


Austin says, "Happy Easter y'all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment