I have had one of the most amazing summers of my life! I have been the happiest ever since the triplets were born. Here recently, I've had one bad experience after another, and these things really get to me. Here's what's bugging me, in no particular order:
1. You are religious, but you don't want to talk to me about your religion.
2. Running into someone I've been friends with since high school, and she gives me the cold shoulder while I attempt to be nice. Um, hello, your life is falling apart, and I'm trying to be nice to you, yet you shun me.
3. People saying they're broke, and then they go to Disney World for a week.
4. People saying they want to visit, but they don't have time. Yet, you see everything else they do with everyone else because they plaster it all over Facebook.
5. People talking about someone in a not so nice way, and then they have a playdate with them, or you see them kissing their ass on Facebook. Don't play both sides of the fence with me, people!
6. People who book their schedules months in advance, and can't seem to fit you in for a phone call or an e-mail.
7. Family who has nothing to do with you. When you ask why, they can't seem to find an answer.
8. WOMEN complaining that I use all the high chairs in restaurants because I had a million kids at once. Yes, this has happened twice.
9. Speech therapists who cancel on my children every other week because they have a cold. Meanwhile, my children are 25 months old, and still don't call me Mama.
10. People who want to adopt a pug, but they want it to be perfect. HELLO! You are adopting from a Rescue Organization...these dogs have been abused, abandoned, and neglected. They are far from perfect!
11. You want me to monogram things for you, but you don't want to pay for shipping, and you don't want to come and pick it up!
12. Adam's parents....the worst grandparents in the world....they are healthy, live near by, claim to be the greatest Christians ever, and they come to see their grandkids once every month or two. They stay for an hour, never call just to see how they're doing, but yet, they WORSHIP their other grandkids. It pisses me off to no end.
13. My weight...has gotten out of control like never before. I've become an emotional eater, and I've never been this way. If I get upset, it's fast food to the rescue! Honestly, I am so fat now, I can shop at Lane Bryant, and I want to cry just thinking about it. I have only 4 shirts that fit me.
14. I need to work. We need money, and I can't because daycare is so freaking expensive. We would be in the hole if I put my 3 somewhere, and yet, some of you still ask me why I can't work?!?
15. No one understands what it's like to have triplets. You think because you have children of different ages you can relate. You can't. It's hard as hell, but I make the most of it. So STOP sitting back and staring at me. I don't have a disease, and I want to have friends and playdates too.
That's my vent.....this too shall pass!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Girl...fist of all that is the cutest pic of the kids on the beach.....Secondly.....You have got several legitimate complaints and nobody except moms of multiples could ever understand.....I can ONLY imagine what your daily life is like and have the upmost respect for you....Your weight, WHO CARES...babies kill your body so as long as you are happy, to hell with the rest....I am still steaming from reading about your resturant high chair experience...the nerve some people have is unthinkable....grandparents....this is THEIR loss, not yours or the kids.....Only they will realize what they have missed! Been there, done that on the speech therapy...except with physical therapy...my daughter didn't walk until she was 2.5, but I was the only one that thought that was off, duh......after my own research, and perseverance, she was diagnosed with MD.....my diagnosis that dr confirmed! The FB thing.....yep, seen it happen a million times here as well! If you lived closer, I would definately have play dates with my girls and your trips.. The only thing that is important is YOU ARE AN AWESOME PERSON AND NOBODY BUT YOU, YOUR KIDS, AND HUBBY MATTER! God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy!!!! Words to live by.......
ReplyDeleteAnna C McCarter