Wednesday, March 31, 2010

NC State Farm Days

On Friday, March 26th, Grandpa Pope and I headed to NC State Field Laboratories on Lake Wheeler Road to attend "Farm Days."  It was a great FREE field trip.  I heart free things these days with 3 kids.  I really do. 

Checking out the baby chicks and baby turkeys.  No one would hold one, but with a little encouragement, they did pet them. 


Let me tell you about Autumn.  She was being so nice here.....then, out of nowhere, she decided to pick up a baby chick by its head.  I yelled, "Autumn!  Be Gentle!"  She took off running while laughing!  Oh my!


Do you understand why I need an extra set of hands?  Austin walks away from the baby chicks and turkeys, and just explores on his own!


Looking at the pigs!


Girlfriend loves to sit in the driver's seat of every vehicle known to man.  She threw a fit when I pulled her off this farm equipment.  There was a line, and well, she couldn't sit there all day.  However, if she could have it her way, she would have sat there till the cows came home!


Would like to know why my boys are terrified?


Because of this cow! 

The fear quickly subsided with a little bit of FREE Ice Cream!  It was NC State's very own "Howling Cream."  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment