Saturday, March 13, 2010

Foster Parenting is hard!

Well, the kids are in bed, Adam is working, and the pugs are snoring.  I should be going to bed, but I have knots in my stomach.  An adoption candidate is coming over tomorrow afternoon to visit Noah.  I have a huge problem with her application.  She wants to crate him all day, 5 days a week while she's at work.  He's five years old, housebroken, and doesn't chew or tear anything up.  He isn't crated now....why start?  It's almost cruel in my opinion.  Some animals love to be crated, but to start crating a dog 5 years into his life isn't right.  Anyway, I'm letting her visit him over here.  If they hit it off, I am doing a home visit at her house, checking her references, calling her former vet, etc. etc. before I decide anything.  That's what I love about this process.  If my gut tells me that I'm not feeling it, I'm not doing it.  The old gut is usually right about things.  Anyway, that's it for now.  I'll catch everyone up on the kids later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment