Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stray Pugs Anyone?

On Thursday, February 25th, I had the afternoon to get caught up on some things while the kids stayed at their grandparent's house.  Around 12:30 pm, my neighbor called to say that 2 stray Pugs were in the middle of the street.  I looked for Puggles...check, she was on the chaise.  My neighbor didn't know what to do with them, so I drove down the street to take a look.  When I got there, I found 2 skinny, tagless Pugs running around.  I decided to keep them because as a Pug lover, I know that Pugs are not outside dogs and don't tolerate extreme temperatures of any kind.  I went straight to the vet to find out if they were microchipped, and they weren't.  The vet didn't know of anyone in my neighborhood who had Pugs other than myself.  I took them home, put them in my garage with food, water, and blankets, and became very overwhelmed.  They were not fixed, no tags, skinny, dirty...obviously not cared for.  I put up signs close to the intersection where I found them, listed them on SPCA and Fidofinder, and called my friend, Jamie, who loves dogs about as much as I do.  She suggested I call the Pug Rescue of NC.  I did and got a LIVE person.  Within a few hours, they sent a representative out to pick up the Pugs.  I decided that I had to foster the female Pug whom I had grown fond of and vice versa.  Long story short, the owners came forth on Friday afternoon, and they live in my neighborhood.  They were given back to their rightful owners, but I pray that the Pugs are taken care of in a better way.  I am still hopeful to be a Foster Pug Parent in the future.  I will, forever, adopt rescue Pugs from now on.  I love my Pug, and I wish everyone felt the same way about their Pugs. 

This is the stray male Pug we found....he LOVED Adam, and Adam loved him. 


Here they are together running around in the backyard.  The female Pug is in the lead. 


Here's the male Pug looking in at Puggles.  She was crying to come outside, but we didn't know if they had any airbourne diseases, so we kept them separate. 


Here's the female in the front.  She was so excited, I couldn't get her to look at the camera.  The vet said it looked like she'd already had babies at age 1....so sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment