Well, we've had follow-up appointments here 4 times, and today was our last visit. I cannot be more happy. Usually, they follow preemies until they're 2, but because I am so proactive with their development and getting them help in a prompt fashion, we've been released. It's not the nicest place in the world to go to, but we knew it was beneficial for our children. Each child was evaluated and tested, and I knew Aiden didn't need any help. He actually maxed out at the top of the scale score in each area. Austin and Autumn did really well in the cognitive area, but they definitely need help with speech which is what they've already qualified for through CDSA. In the specialists' opinions, everyone will be more than ready for school when they're 5 thanks to their Mama being persistent with getting help and exposing them to a lot of experiences out in the world. It made me feel good to hear that I was doing a great job. I don't hear that a lot from anyone.
On a negative note, Autumn has developed a double ear infection since the last ear infection, and one of Austin's ears is still full of fluid. Aiden has fluid in one of his ears, but it's not bad. We have to return to the doctor for an ear check next week. I am wondering if this will ever clear up?!?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment