Sunday, February 14, 2010

Edible Playdough (spelled differently from the real deal you buy)

Well, Austin's case worker suggested that we try to get the kids to play with playdoh to help develop better sensory skills.  I told her I had already tried, but they were interested in eating it, not playing with it.  That was when she whipped out a recipe for edible playdough, so several weeks later, I finally got around to making it.  It was super easy, and if you put it in an airtight container, it lasts for 6 months!  I have a couple of playdoh kits for the kids anyway, so we broke "The Burger Builder" out, and Adam and I played with it while everyone else just explored and helped.

I chose to make a big pot of blue playdough....don't know why I chose blue, I just did!


Adam is letting Autumn play with part of the burger he built.  She did really good with this activity.  Usually, she takes everything and throws it, doesn't really join in on crafts.  She liked this though!


Stringy playdough....Austin is checking it out!


Aiden wanted to work the machine so badly.  The muscles in his hands aren't quite strong enough yet!  In a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment