Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Express: Pullen Park


This is year 2 for us at this event.  Sadly, Pullen Park is going to be closed for the next 1.5 years for renovation.  We have grown to love this park and will miss it dearly.  Here is Adam holding Autumn and Austin on the train.  Once again, we got there early to avoid long lines.  We hopped aboard the first train ride at 4:00 pm. 


Here's Aiden and myself on the train.  I am suffering from a pinched nerve in my lower back, but I am trying to grin and bear it.  I haven't been able to lift the babies in several days, so it's been hard to surrender my control.  Adam took a cycle off work from his full-time job to help me.  Otherwise, I'm not real sure what we would have done.  I have enjoyed the family time and getting to do things with him.  Usually, I am by myself which is probably why my back went out.  Lifting 3 toddlers all day is hard work!


Everyone loved this!  We weren't sure if they would sit still in the boats.  In fact, Adam worried that he would have to jump in and save Aiden because he doesn't really sit still for anything.  However, they loved it, sat still, and laughed through the entire ride.  Austin threw a fit when we got him out. 


Aiden is riding the carousel, but he's really not so sure about it.  He held on by himself for the first time.  However, he was nervous.  I think it was the loud music?!?! 


Here are Austin and Autumn....they had to ride together because when you are outnumbered by your children who are the same age, you do what you have to do to make it work!



Well, here is 1 of my children with Santa.  Yes, it's Autumn who isn't scared of anything or anyone.  She sat right down with him, no problem.  The other 2....well, they threw one of their infamous toddler fits, and we gave up trying to get all 3 in the picture.  It's their second Santa visit this season.  We went to Triangle Town Center for the official "Santa Picture" earlier this month.  That picture turned out great.  I do wonder if getting Santa pictures is going to be a problem in years to come.



Here it is...."Big Mama with her big stroller!"  We took a picture like this last year, so we had to do it again this year! 



This was last year.....what a difference a year makes.  They were little blobs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment