My babies are 8 months old! The older they get, the less time I have to do traditional scrapbooking, and because I don't want to forget anything, I have decided to blog. I need a way to keep things written down, and because I love the computer, I'm going to attempt this. I think I will stay more organized this way....we'll see. I have no rhyme or reason as to when I will blog, so check back often for stories and updates!
So....what is everyone up to these days? Well, let's start with my first born, Aiden. He loves his Rainforest Jumperoo right now. He will jump for 2 hours at the time if we let him, and sometimes we do because it's what keeps him happy. He has a lot of energy, smiles all the time, and babbles when you talk to him. He loves to eat solid foods, and opens his mouth wide when you bring the spoon towards it. He is currently rolling over all over the place, and we are so glad. It took him awhile to catch on. The only thing that Aiden doesn't like to do is sleep. He would stay up all night and party with me instead of sleeping. He is often up WAY past his brother and sister even though we've tried every strategy of how to get him down. All the advice the books give you.....forget it. Aiden likes to go to bed on his terms. He will pass out in his jumperoo, and then we put him down. This is his favorite way to go to sleep:

Okay, so I know it's not the best way for the child to go to sleep, but whatever works, considering I am dealing with 3.
Onto my middle child, Austin....He loves to GO! When you put him in the stroller, he is ready. Wide-eyed and looking at everything and everyone in sight. He flirts with everyone, puts on his best smiles, and gurgles. I try to take them to the mall once a week just to get him out of the house and on the move. He still loves to eat. If he gets too hungry, he will throw a fit that is often embarrassing. He eats lunch at 12 pm sharp and dinner at 5 pm sharp, so you better be ready or the claws will come out. Once his belly is full, he's back to being sweet Austin. He is a wonderful sleeper. He goes down for a morning and afternoon nap, and his bedtime is 6:45 pm. Read him a story, lay him down, and he goes out within 5 minutes. No tears, no fussing. It is so refreshing. We often laugh at his ability to throw. He grabs everything in sight, shakes it really hard, and tosses it.
This is Austin at a new park in our neighborhood. It was 70 degrees a couple of weeks ago, so we went to check it out. Austin loves to swing, so this was right up his alley!
Last, but definitely not least: Autumn, my only daughter and youngest child. Life is simple for Autumn. She loves to look at her hand. Yes, her hand. I don't know why, but she stares at it all the time! It is funny to watch! She is very laid back. She will jump in the jumperoo, sit in her Bumbo, hold toys, but she doesn't prefer anything over the other. She is content to be held or lay on the floor and play with the bugs on her activity mat. She squeals to the top of her lungs when she babbles. Even though she was the first triplet to roll over a few months ago, we can't get her to do it again. She always takes a three hour nap every afternoon, and goes to bed around 7:30 pm. She is the child who will sleep for 12 hours at night! She doesn't like the flash of a camera, so capturing her smile can be difficult. However, I managed to do it here:
For whatever reason, she giggled really hard when I was getting her ready for a bath. I grabbed the camera and snapped this because these moments don't happen often!
No comments:
Post a Comment